TERMS & CONDITIONS / Some Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are you still open and shipping product? COVID-19 Operational Update.
We are still shipping as promised on our website, answering phones 8~4, and replying to most email inquiries within a few hours. We added staff to help manage the increased demand for our products and will continue to meet your high expectations. Some of our suppliers have been a little slow, so there are a few holes in our inventory, but rest assured that we are doing our best to get those holes filled. If anything changes we will let you know.
FedEx and UPS have suspended their express service guarantees, we will continue to ship as you select and on time. Thank you for your continued patronage.
For most products, no, you can order one valve. However a few products that we drop ship do have minimums, that information will be listed on the product pages.
Yes. We have a mobile website, it can be accessed at discovervalve.com from your mobile device. The information is a little abridged to fit, but you can shop and order from your phone or tablet.
We pull from more than 15 warehouses in the USA, so we have just about everything on the website in stock somewhere. There are a few items that we occasionally run out of, they are noted as such online. There is usually a link on those product pages to equivalent products if we are temporarily out of something.
No, that is optional. If you set up an online account you can log in next time and avoid reentering your address, you can also log in to see your past orders and the tracking information. We do not store credit card numbers, so you will have to answer the payment questions each time.
Click the Order Status link at the top of the page, enter your email and zip code. You should see your past orders and be able to click on View to track the status.
Yes. Some items have restocking fees, and some have 30 day limits, depends where we shipped it from. We ship from many warehouses, returns cannot be accepted without prior authorization. You must call us or send a note for approval to return any item. Please do not send returns without approval since they may have to go back to one of our warehouses or to an inspection location if they may be defective.
Q. Why is your pricing much lower than some brands like Apollo?
We have a lean business model. We do not have sales people driving to customers, or dozens of order takers sitting by phones. We do not sell through distributors, only direct to you. Most of our sales are entered by our customers online, letting technology work for us. We ship directly to you from warehouses throughout the USA. That keeps our costs down, so less expenses that we have to pass on to our customers. However we will be happy to chat with you, answer any questions, and take your order over the phone. Call us at 559-323-7953, M~F 8~4 PT.
We manage our factories and suppliers directly to assure that they build and test all of our products to the necessary requirements. We stand behind everything we sell 100%.
· We will repair or replace any defective products free of charge within (12) twelve months from date the unit was delivered to you.
· All of our products are manufactured to our high standards of quality control. However, should a product become defective due to a flaw incurred during the manufacture of the product, or should the material be found to be defective within the above listed time frame, contact us for free product repair or replacement, subject to our confirmation and final decision. Warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, items subjected to frost damage, incorrect installation, incorrect application or shipping damage.
· Warranty is limited to the actual cost of the product only.
WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS!
Yes, on most items. Our discounts are based on the total value of your shopping basket. You can receive up to 20% off our listed prices on most items if you have enough in your basket. Look for the 'as low as' price. Available discounts are automatically displayed in your basket prior to checkout. You can select any combination of qualified products for discounts.
VOLUME DISCOUNT SCHEDULE:
Order $500.00~$999.99 receive a 5% discount
Order $1,000.00~$1,499.99 receive a 10% discount
Order $1,500.00~$2,499.99 receive a 15% discount
Orders over $2,500.00 receive a 20% discount
For larger purchases of eligible items, inquire about OEM products for possible custom branding and even lower prices!
Most, but not all. Volume discounts are not available on iron valves, all flanged-end valves (carbon and SS), some carbon steel valves or special order items. The individual product pages will say 'As low as' if they are eligible for additional discounts.
Any available discounts will show automatically in the shopping basket. You will see the total amount before you enter the checkout pages. No Surprises.
Our pricing is designed so wholesalers can buy in bulk from us and receive up to 20% off many of our stated prices. You can then resell them in smaller quantities, even below our online pricing, and make a profit. We also provide an OEM option, see the next question. If you have a large order requirement and the online store doesn't offer any discounts, call us directly, we will see what we can do.
Yes. Most of our business is OEM/private labeling. Contact us directly for details. Many of our products can be manufactured and delivered to you discounted more than the 20% off, giving you a good margin to work with. There are volume requirements for OEM, but we can usually give you pricing that you can compete with on the wholesale and resale levels. Manufacturing directly for you allows us to private label valves and provide materials to meet your needs exactly. You can find some examples here.
Q. How fast do you ship?
As fast as we can. Most products ship the same day or the following day, every product has an estimated lead time listed. If the products says 'Ships Today', we need to receive the order by 12:00 noon PT (3:00PM ET) to get it shipped today (weekends and holidays excluded). Ships today only applies to products listed as 'In stock, ready to ship' and shipments going to the lower 48 states.
That depends, we always try. Most products can ship the same day if the order is entered before 10:00AM PT, but not all. It depends on the product and what warehouse it will ship from. If it is urgent, please call us at 559-323-7953 to confirm how fast we can ship. Apple Pay defaults to ground only.
Yes. Most items can ship for free if the basket total is; at least $200 when shipping to the USA, $500US when shipping to Canada, more details below.
· Free Shipping will automatically appear as an option if offered.
· Free shipping is only available to the United States and Canada. Free shipping to Alaska and Hawai'i is limited to items that will fit in a USPS Priority Mail one-rate box, generally 2" valves and smaller, and items that we stock in our own warehouse. You can put items into a cart online and click Estimate Shipping, free shipping will display as an option if we can do it, or contact us for confirmation.
· USA - Merchandise total must be at least $200.00 and include eligible products only. Iron products and flanged carbon steel products are not eligible for free shipping.
· Canada - Merchandise total must be at least $500US and include eligible products only. Iron products and flanged carbon steel products are not eligible for free shipping. Discover Valve is not responsible for any duties, taxes or import charges into Canada, these are the responsibility of the importer as listed on the commercial invoice that we provide with the shipment.
· For the free shipping option we will use FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. We use USPS Priority Mail for AK, HI, and any areas not serviced by FedEx, such as PO boxes. For freight shipments we will use our motor freight carrier. Delivery is normally 1-5 business days. If you require faster delivery please select the express shipping option of your choice from the drop-down list.
· Special order items may not be eligible for free shipping.
· We reserve the right to withdraw the free shipping offer at anytime and without prior notice. If you have any questions or technical problems send us a note.
Products made from iron and some steels are very heavy compared to their value. The shipping companies charge by the pound regardless of what is in the box, so when shipping costs are calculated as 'per pound', shipping iron or carbon steel is very expensive compared to say stainless steel. The individual items will display the free shipping (FFA) options available.
We have our best negotiated rates with FedEx, and a daily pickup from most of our locations. We can ship on your UPS account if you choose 'freight collect' (see 'ship on my account' below).
Yes. We ship with UPS, FedEx, USPS, and many LTL carriers. When you checkout, choose Freight Collect from the shipping option pull down list. On the next page enter your freight account, carrier and desired method of service in the Special Instructions box. You will not get charged shipping from us, and we will follow the directions you entered in the Special Instructions box. For UPS we need to know the zip code that the account number you enter is billed to.
Yes. When you checkout, if your country is listed in the pull down box, you will be offered international shipping options. If your country is not listed in the pull-down box of country choices, send us a note we may be able to add it for you. Our Canadian neighbors will be offered a FedEx Ground option during checkout (you need to enter your two digit Province code). The listed FedEx Ground rates do not include their 'Clearance Fee' and they may ask you for that later and/or additional duty later, we cannot predict or control that. Discover Valve is not liable for lost shipments once they are confirmed by the shipping company to have left the USA, please make a claim with your local postal system or FedEx for lost shipments.
Yes. We will ship to the address that you enter in the 'Ship To' side during checkout. We only send a packing list in the box, no pricing. You can put any Special Instructions in the Special Instructions box when you checkout. Anything you type in the Special Instructions box will print on the Invoice and Packing Slip.
Q. What do you accept as payment?
We accept Visa, Master Card, AMEX, and Discover cards, we also accept PayPal and Apple Pay. If you have an open account with us you can pay with a Purchase Order number during checkout. No need to send us a PO if you pay online with a PO number and you were able to enter all the relevant information.
Sorry, we do not.
We do offer net-30 terms once a credit report has been ordered and approved by our finance office. We have a $100 minimum order for Purchase Orders. Click here for an application.
No. You can order online 24/7 and choose 'Purchase Order' when you checkout, the PO number will be your method of payment. If you order with a PO number online you will receive immediate confirmation and the invoice will be sent to the email address in the 'Bill To' side during checkout. If you are on the East Coast you won't have to wait 3 hours for us to answer the phone since our office is on the West Coast.
We will only collect sale tax if the 'Ship To' address is in California. Customers outside California do not need to worry about tax (for now). If you are in California and will re-sell our products, fax or email us a copy of your resale certificate and enter the resale number in the California Resale # box (located under the Ship Via box) during checkout. Tax won't be added when you click continue.
Q. What is NPT?
Standard pipe threads used in the USA are NPT, National Pipe Thread, still referred to as IPS, Iron Pipe Size in some industries, not to be confused with Iron Pipe Straight, as our valve threads are tapered. Both acronyms describe the same pipe size. Almost every small valve on our website is NPT/IPS threaded. The exceptions are SW, Socket Weld ends, and a few tubing-end valves. The 'F' or 'M' we add defines Male or Female ends. So FNPT is a Female National Pipe Thread (also F-IPS). We can special order many other world threads. Mobile applications, like automobiles, usually have SAE threads, SAE is different than NPT.
Pipe is rigid, usually sold in straight lengths, with the exception of products like PEX, which is pipe but sold in rolls. The 'nominal size' is roughly the inside diameter of the pipe. So a 1" pipe will have about a 1" inside diameter. Tubing is usually sold rolled in a coil. The 'nominal size' of tubing is the outside diameter of the tubing. So 1" tubing will have a 1" outside diameter. Confusing, yes, I agree. Most applications we deal with are pipe. If you are not sure what size you need, measure the inside diameter of the actual pipe (not the valve or fitting connection), and round to the closest 1/4" size that we list online.
· A 1-piece ball valve will restrict the flow a little. The ball is installed into the end of the valve, so a 1" 1-piece valve will have a 1" ball, but will have about a 3/4" hole in the ball for the flow. 1-piece valves are light weight and less expensive that the others. If flow rate is not an issue, you can use a 1-piece ball valve.
· 2-piece valves do not restrict the flow much. The 1" ball from the previous example will have a 1" hole in it. Since the ball is bigger than the valve, the valve body is two pieces screwed together to get the ball inside. If flow rate is an issue, use a 2-piece ball valve. Although you can disassemble 2-piece valves, they are not designed to be repaired or rebuilt.
· 3-piece valves are designed to come apart easily for cleaning, maintenance and to weld them onto pipe without damaging the Teflon seats. We stock repair kits for the 3-piece valves.
Full-Port: The hole in the ball is roughly the same size as the inside of the pipe, example; a 1" full-port ball valve has about a 1" hole through the ball, so little or no flow reduction is noticed through the valve.
Reduced/Standard Port: The hole in the ball is the about one pipe size smaller than the inside of the pipe, example a 1" reduced (standard) port ball valve has about a 3/4" hole through the ball, so some reduction in flow through the valve will occur.
WOG: The valve can be used for Water, Oil or Gas, however only CSA/AGA approved valves should be used for flammable gases.
CF8M is a casting material equivalent of 316SS. CF8 is a casting equivalent of 304SS. The alloy compositions between the CFs and 300 series alloys are slightly different since they are manufactured in different processes and for different end uses. We use the terms CF8 and 304SS interchangeably, likewise we use the terms CF8M and 316SS interchangeably for simplicity.
CF8/304SS has a lower content of anti-corrosion elements than CF8M/316SS, so it is less expensive. CF8/304SS is great for most applications.
CF8M/316SS has a higher corrosion resistance and is preferred for applications with low pH levels, high chlorine, high salinity, or high H2S oil and gas. Many industries processing food grade products prefer the higher corrosion resistance of CF8M/316SS.
Yes. Since our 304 stainless steel valves are the same material as 18/8 flatware, the most common flatware in your kitchen, it is considered as safe as your knives and spoons. Our 316 stainless steel valves are a surgical grade of stainless. Stainless steel does not contain lead. Most of our valves have PTFE seals and seats.
PTFE stands for PolyTetraFluoroEthylene. You might know it under the brand name Teflon. Teflon is PTFE. You may find RPTFE on some cut sheets. RPTFE is a glass reinforced PTFE, usually used in higher pressure applications for strength.
If you have any other questions that should be included here, please let us know.